In this episode of the podcast, we focus on the fourth rock from the Sun. Mars has been a fascinating celestial body for millennia, but how has it been portrayed over the last 100 years of cinema? Karri, Henrik, and Zach will discuss more than a dozen films that feature the red planet with the hope of figuring out why Earthlings are so fascinated by Mars.
Films covered in this episode:
- A Trip to Mars (1910) (USA)
- A Trip to Mars (1918) (Denmark)
- Aelita (1922) (Russia)
- War of the Worlds (1953) (USA)
- The Angry Red Planet (1959) (USA)
- Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1965) (USA)
- Mission to Mars (2000) (USA)
- Red Planet (2000) (USA)
- Stranded (2001) (Spain)
- War of the Worlds (2005) (USA)
- The Last Days on Mars (2013) (USA)
- The Martian (2015) (USA)
- Space Between Us (2017) (USA)
Hosted by Karri Ojala, Henrik Telkki and Zachary Pen. Edited by Karri Ojala.
The Flick Lab theme tune written and performed by Nick Grivell and Karri Ojala. “Feels” by Hectorino Martinez.
This show can be listened to on Spotify, Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts. You can find us also on social media – Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, and www.theflicklab.com.